WEST POINT – Doretha K. Fairchild, 89, passed away on Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014, at Dugan Memorial Home in West Point. She born July 8, 1924, in Clay County to Flora Perkins and Thomas Wilson Keller. She was a homemaker and attended Bible Baptist Church.
Services will be at 2 p.m. today, Jan. 29, at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Alan Garbutt officiating. Burial will follow in Greenwood Cemetery in West Point. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include one son, Jerry Eugene Sanders (Susan) of Spring, Texas; two grandchildren, Stacy Elizabeth Grant (Corey) of Spring, Texas, and Christy Sheree Foster (Wes) of Cleveland, Texas; nine great-grandchildren; one sister, Vadie K. Smith of Baytown, Texas; and three brothers, James L. Keller of Collinsville, Harold Keller (Nancy) and Claude Keller, both of West Point.
She was preceded in death by her husbands, A.C. Sanders Jr., Sam Gray and John Grover Fairchild; a son, A.C. Sanders III; and brothers, Tom and Kenneth Keller.
Pallbearers will be Martin Wilson, Larry Wilson, Earl Sanders, Billy Harmon, Sammy Pearson and Ronnie Robinson. Honorary pallbearers will be Gene Swindol, Junie Cunningham, Jody Bryant, Bill Parker, Cliff Hammond, Corey Grant, Wes Foster, staff of Dugan Memorial Home, Dr. Edmund A. Miller Jr., Gina Whitacre, nurse practitioner, and the family of Bible Baptist Church.
Memorials may be made to Paralyzed Veterans of America, 7 Millbrook Road, Wilton, NH 03086 or to West Point/Clay County Animal Shelter, 1212 Old Tibbee Road, West Point, MS 39773.
Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago