HOUSTON — Earvin Joseph “E.J.” Earnest, 85, died Monday, Jan. 27, 2014, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. He was born March 16, 1928, in Houston.
He married his wife of 62 years, Louise Lowry Earnest, on Sept. 16, 1951. He moved to the Sparta Community in Chickasaw County and with his wife worked many years establishing their family farm. He was a dairy farmer for 33 years then started row-crop farming and raising beef cattle until retirement. He had a great love for his family and a special love for his cats and Ole Miss Rebels. He was a member of Prospect United Methodist Church of Houston.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 30, at Prospect United Methodist Church. Officiating will be Bro. Rex Wilburn. Burial will be in Prospect Cemetery. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Louise Lowry Earnest of Houston; four sons Joe (Linda) Earnest of Greenwood, James (Esther) Earnest, Ed (Valarie) Earnest, and Jack (Anita) Earnest all of Houston; eight grandchildren, Robert (JennaGrace) Earnest, Richard Earnest, Stacey (Jonathan) Storey, Josh (Jana) Earnest, Jordan (fiancée , Tyler Morgan) Earnest, Ben (Leslie) Earnest, Doss (fiancée, Lauren Bright) Earnest, and Carre (Andrew) Roberson; three great-grandchildren, Greyson Storey, Mary Countiss Roberson, and Ella Roberson.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Earvin Joseph Earnest, Sr. and Easterlene White Earnest Buntin, one brother, Charles Earnest and sisters, Earlene Ragins and Dorothy Dean Cress.
Pallbearers will be Robert Earnest, Richard Earnest, Josh Earnest, Ben Earnest, Doss Earnest, Jonathan Storey, Andrew Roberson, and Tyler Morgan.
Visitation will be from 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 29, at Houston Funeral Home, and from 12 -2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 30, at Prospect United Methodist Church.
In lieu of flowers, donation may be made to Prospect Cemetery Fund, C/O Bruce Wofford, 1207 Hwy 8 East, Houston, MS, 38851.
Expressions of sympathy maybe left at www.houstonfuneralhomems.com
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago