PITTSBORO – Cloris Ann Burnham, 80, of Pittsboro died Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. Born Friday, Dec. 8, 1933, in Greenwood, she was the daughter of Jesse Sproles and Lucy Garrard Sproles. She was the wife of Bro. Bill Travis McDaniel and Billy Keith Burnham. She was a teacher at Calhoun County Schools for 37 years, where she was elected teacher of the year She was a member of Rocky Mount Baptist Church, where she also taught Sunday school. She was a member of the National Education Association. Her hobbies were sewing and gardening.
Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28, at Rocky Mount Baptist Church with Bro. Larry Haggard officiating. Interment will be in Indianola Cemetery. Parker Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by son, Billy T. (Elaine Ann) McDaniel of Wichita, Kan.; daughter, Faith Ann Spratlin of Jackson; brothers, Charles Sproles of Winona and Johnny Sproles of Greenwood; sisters, Patsy Allison of Tippo and Belinda Clolinger of Greenwood; grandchildren, Jamie Spratlin, Bryant Spratlin and Meliah Cramner; and great-grandchildren, Gabrial Spratlin, Annalise Spratlin, Avery Spratlin and Addison Spratlin.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Bro. Bill Travis; and her husband, Billy Keith Burnham.
Memorial contributions may be sent to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place Memphis, TN 38105.
Online condolences may be made to the family at ParkerMemorialFuneralHomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago