CALHOUN CITY – Mavis Nell Hood Orr, 79, died Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born June 4, 1934, in Webster County. She was a seamstress, a lifelong animal guardian and a member of Southern Grace Baptist Church in Calhoun City.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 23, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce with the Rev. Robert Earl Alexander officiating and the Rev. Carl Morris assisting. Burial will be in Montevista Cemetery.
Survivors include four daughters, Sheila Chandler (William) of Vardaman, Sandra Rimmer (Kenny) of Calhoun City, Brenda Bailey of Calhoun City and Angie Little (David) of Horn Lake; two sons, Dr. Gary Orr of Bartlett, Tenn., and Donnie Orr of Calhoun City; one brother, Odis Lee Hood Jr. of Oakland, Tenn.; nine grandchildren, Marty Chandler, Jeremy Broughman, Kris Rimmer, Tina Tabb, Tonya Kirby, Justin Broughman, Danielle Little, Laura Beth Little and Mackenzie Orr; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Odis L. Hood and Elsie Marshall Hood; a daughter, Deborah June Orr; and a special friend, Eddie Williams.
Pallbearers will be Justin Broughman, Andy Chandler, Marty Chandler, Howard Edmond, Wayne Hood, David Keeton, Derrick Kirby, Kris Rimmer and Caleb Tabb. Honorary pallbearers will be Madison Broughman, Jeana Chandler, Tonya Kirby, Danielle Little, Laura Beth Little, Mackenzie Orr, Marsha Rimmer and Tina Tabb.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
For online condolences, visit www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago