HOUSTON – Melvin Faye Duncan, 78, died Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014, at his home. He was born Dec. 8, 1935, in Chickasaw County to Henry Clinton Duncan and Hester Ardenia Cook Duncan.
He attended Friendship Baptist Church in Thorn.
Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7, at Memorial Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Fred Hartley and Bro. Gladwin Carpenter officiating. Burial will be in Ellzey Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by three sisters, Virginia Martin, Cathleen Moore (Eddie), both of Houston and Charleen Langley (Douglas) of Woodland; a stepbrother, Billy Walls (Idella) of Woodland; a stepsister, Dorothy Jean “Dot” Black of Houston; and two sisters-in-law, Lula Mae Walls of Houlka and Johnnie Duncan of Houston.
He was preceded in death by his parents; stepmother, Ester Janie Walls Duncan; two brothers, LC Duncan and Durrell Duncan; a sister, Nancy Ruth Duncan; a stepbrother, Junior Lee Walls; two brothers-in-law, Jesse Benton Martin and Elvis Black; and a sister-in-law, Jeanette Walls.
Pallbearers will be Curtis Tennyson, Marty Black, Jason Moore, Mike Langley, Chris Langley, Cliff Lee, Jonathan Grimes and Jerry Walls.
Honorary pallbearers will be Tim Cook, Calvin Martin, Jesse Martin, Billy Duncan and David Duncan.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
Donations may be made to the Ellzey Cemetery Fund.
Online condolences may be made at www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com/.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago