Cub Scouts still accepting new members
HOUSTON – Boys from first grade through age 10 can find entertaining and educational activities every week at the Scout Hut in Houston.
Cub Scout Master, Greg Simmons, said currently there are two packs of Scouts and enrollment is still open for 2014. Simmons has a history in Scouting and is ready to share it with the youth in Houston and the surrounding areas.
“I grew up in Scouting and became an Eagle Scout,” Simmons said. “My son said last year he wanted to get into scouting.”
Simmons said his immediate priority is to encourage parents to become involved in their children’s Scouting life.
“I want to plug parents in,” Simmons said. “These are activities that are fun for children but that also build character.”
Simmons added he wants to increase membership and build a self-sustaining program while also helping children build relationships with their peers.
“That’s something we want to do here is help kids build real relationships,” Simmons said.
Cub Scouts meet every Monday night at 6:30 p.m. at the Scout Hut in Houston behind the Fire Station. A monthly pack meeting is held the third Monday of each month.
For more information on Scouting or how to join a pack or troop, contact the Pushmataha Area Council at 328-7228.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago