Lake Lamar Bruce restocking
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) recently stocked an additional 200,000 Bluegill, 10,000 Channel Catfish, and 100,000 Redear Sunfish into Lake Lamar Bruce in Lee County. The fish were reared at the Private John Allen National Fish Hatchery in Tupelo. “The double stocking of Bluegill and Redear Sunfish is a proactive management approach that we are using to delay the Largemouth Bass population from overcrowding,” stated MDWFP Fisheries Biologist Tyler Stubbs. Stubbs added, “Our goal is to provide a long-term, quality fishery; doubling the Bluegill and Redear Sunfish populations is one strategy to help us achieve that goal.”
Lake Lamar Bruce, near Saltillo, is still under renovation and closed to the public. So far, Bluegill, Redear Sunfish, Florida Largemouth Bass, Channel Catfish, Golden Shiners, Grass Carp, and Magnolia Crappie have been stocked. The lake is expected to open in 2015.
For more information regarding fish or fishing in Mississippi, visit us www.mdwfp.com at or call us at 601-432-2212. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mdwfp or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDWFPonline.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago