Chiefs fall to Pirates
Local and area teams use the Loggins Classic tournament to take on different competitors from their regular schedules and work on sharpening their games.
The Okolona Chieftains certainly got a workout at the hands of the powerful Pirates of Coffeeville who quickly took control of the game and never let go.
Okolona’s Cyrus Kyles’ speed down the floor was no match for the size of Coffeeville’s Antavius Moody and Denicholas Gladney who denied shot after shot from Kyles and the Chiefs quickly found themselves in the hole.
Okolona’s Javon Smith proved steady taking a rebound coast-to-coast and adding a bucket from the charity strip, then sending a bomb to Demario Seals for a bucket, but the Pirates continued to overpower the Chieftains,leading 37-12 at the half.
The Okolona boys struggled with shooting in the second half and the Pirates took advantage of the situation to increase their lead and go on to a 74-40 win.
Around the court
In Friday’s game, the Chiefs took a 50-75 loss to the shannon Red Raiders and the Lady Chieftains lost, 21-64, to the Lady Raiders.
Jacolbi Heard led the scoring for Okolona with 13 pionts while Del’gee Hicks led for the ladies with 11.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago