HOUSTON – Canzater “”Candy”” Catledge Gillespie died Monday, Dec. 16, 2013, at Silver Creek Assisted Living in Olive Branch. She was the oldest of nine children born to the union of Sylvester and Eloise Catledge in Houston on Jan. 9, 1942.
Services will be 11 a.m. Monday, Dec. 23, at Trinity Outreach Center Church of God in Christ in Houston with Elder Glen Huggens officiating. Interment will follow at Norton Spring Cemetery. Grayson-Porters Mortuary is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include four loving siblings, Lizzie L. Barnett of Olive Branch, Betty L. Maple (Carl) of Bloomfield Hills, Mich., Joann Harper (Adolph Jr) of Akron, Ohio, and Sammy Catledge of Arlington, Va.; one brother-in-law, Ernest Gillespie Sr. (Pearline) of Kansas City, Mo.; three nephews, Ernest Gillespie Jr., Adolph Harper III and Courtney Pickens; 10 nieces, Carlotta Keel, Renee Gillespie, Ernestine Newton, Detra Ann Thompson, Marenia Pickens, Angela Brooks, Adria Harper, Arista Harper, Kassandra Maple and Tiera Davis; two grand-nephews, Harper Brooks and Lonnie Kendricks Jr.; three grandnieces, Shekira Pickens, Ja’cee Pickens and Kimora Boone; one great-grandnephew, Jeremiah Pickens; and a host of cousins.
Visitation will be one hour prior to service Monday at the church.
Online condolences may be made at www.grayson-porters.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago