PETAL – Elizabeth Dabbs Brock, 42, died Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2013, at Forrest General Hospital. She taught culinary arts at Petal High School. She was a member of Petal-Harvey Baptist Church. She loved shopping, decorating and gardening.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 20, at Petal-Harvey Baptist Church. Burial will follow in Hillcrest Cemetery. Moore Funeral Home of Petal is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by her husband, Kenny Brock of Petal; two sons, Sam Brock and John Kendall Brock, both of Petal; her parents, Jim and Verna Bowen of Okolona; her father-in-law and mother-in-law, Red and Betty Brock of Hattiesburg; a sister, Jennifer Brown of Mooreville; a brother, Michael Dabbs of Mooreville; a niece, Erica Brown of Mooreville; three nephews, Zackery Brown and Conner Smith, both of Mooreville, and Bowen Dabbs of Corinth; and many aunts, uncles and cousins.
She was preceded in death by her father, Jesse Dabbs; and grandparents, Dr. Joseph Shoemaker, Ellen Shoemaker, the Rev. Joseph Dabbs and Laverne Dabbs.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Moore Funeral Home in Petal.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be directed to: Elizabeth Dabbs Brock, Fight the Good Fight Memorial Scholarship Fund with the Petal Education Foundation, P.O. Box 523, Petal, MS 39465.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago