MONTPELIER – Michael A. “Mike” Cliett, 67, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at Darlington Oaks Community Hospice in Verona. He was born March 10, 1946, in Houston to Nancy Shirley Harrington Cliett and Aubrey E. Cliett.
He was a farmer and had worked for Four County EPA with the buildings and grounds for 22 years. He was a member of Montpelier Masonic Lodge 220 F&AM with dual membership at Aberdeen Masonic Lodge 32. He was a member of Pine Bluff Baptist Church where he was a deacon and song leader. He was a Farm Bureau board member for 40 years. He enjoyed woodworking and cooking for his family and large groups. He married Irene Vaughn Cliett on Nov. 24, 1966, at Pine Bluff Baptist Church. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brother, John L. Cliett.
Services are at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 18, at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Eddie Brock officiating and Bro. Hilton “Butch” Simmons assisting. Burial, with Masonic graveside rites, follows in Pine Bluff Cemetery in Clay County. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Irene Vaughn Cliett of Montpelier; one son, Jeff Cliett (Donna) of Mantee; one granddaughter, Abby Cliett; one brother, Ben E. Cliett (Donna) of Cedar Bluff; nieces and nephews, Jay Jay Henderson (Jason), Brandy Cliett, James Cliett, Robert Cliett (Hannah) and Allena Sanders (Travis); a sister-in-law, Kay Watson Cliett of West Point.
Pallbearers are Brad Davis, Rob Roberson, Mike Shinn, Allen Grimes, Benny Borst, Ronald Ward, Mike Jones and Dexter Pate.
Honorary pallbearers are Durrell Jones, Bob Stone, Donald Moore, Dan Vaughn, Lamar Dendy, Joe T. Parker, Paul Clardy, Jim Murray, John Crowley, Andy Moore, Gary Brock, Devon Allday, Rex Pumphrey, Jerry Weaver, Milton Trice, Ken Pate, Gary Waddell, Bob Edwards, members of Montpelier Masonic Lodge 220 F&AM, members of Aberdeen Masonic Lodge 32 F&AM and his former co-workers at Four County Electric Power Association.
Memorials may be made to Pine Bluff Cemetery Care Fund, c/o Betty NcNeel, 7999 Colony Road, Pheba, MS 39755.
Visitation is Tuesday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago