Lady Chiefs win in tourney
Okolona High School was the site of the annual Hardwood basketball tournament and the Lady Chieftains were the big winner for the day.
The Okolona girls battled the Lady Bulldogs of Aberdeen, coming from behind after the first quarter to tie the game and run neck-and-neck with the Lady Dogs and force the overtime period.
The Okolona girls outscored the Lady Dogs in overtime to take a 54-53 win.
Sophomore Del’gee Hicks led the Lady Chieftains, and all players, in scoring with 23 while Tierra Barr added 12 and Breanna Gunn chipped in 11.
Okolona, Houston boys fall
The Chickasaw County boy’s teams both ended up on the wrong side of the scoreboard as the Hilltoppers fell to Aberdeen, 31-76, in the early game.
The hosting Chiefs had a closer battle with the Calhoun City Wildcats, but still came up short, 61-70.
Demario Seals led for Okolona with 13 points, followed by Javon Smith and Jacolbi Heard with 11 each.
on Friday, the Chiefs and Lady Chiefs split games with Mooreville. The Lady Chiefs grabbed a 53-48 win over the Lady Troopers with Hicks pacing her team with 16 pionts and Myeisha Parker following with 12.
In the boy’s game, the Troopers got the edge on the Chieftains and handed them the 48-53 loss. Heard led for Okolona with 12 and Zack Stevens added 11.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago