LOCAL FOCUS: Cole’s Texaco
A mechanic who can be trusted to fix it right and price it the same way is hard to find.
Cole’s Texaco in Houston has built a reputation of trust with its customers over the past two decades and is not about to let that good name down.
“I have people who have been doing business with me since I opened my doors 21 years ago,” said Raymond Cole. “Those people, especially the elderly, trust us.”
Cole and his wife Sherry have built their business on offering quality work at a reasonable price.
Cole’s is one of the few places in town that still offers full service. The sell regular, plus and premium gasoline as well as diesel and off-road diesel.
The Cole’s are assisted by Johnny Kilgore who handles many of the daily details at the downtown Houston landmark.
The service station also fixes flats, changes oil and filters and is glad to check your car’s fluids. They also do shocks, brakes, wheel-bearings and some electrical work.
“We are glad to take a look at it and tell you if we can fix it,” said Cole. “If I can’t do it, I am glad to recommend someone who can.”
As vehicles and big energy companies have changed in a rapidly changing world, Cole’s Texaco held tight to those values and ideas that have built it’s business and keep customers coming back.
“We have always treated customers like we want to be treated,” said Cole. “That won’t ever change.”
Local Focus is a regular business feature of the Chickasaw Journal. Locally owned businesses wanting to be included in Local Focus should call the Chickasaw Journal at 456-3771.
Owners: Raymond and Sherry Cole
Location: 104 South Jackson, Houston
Phone: (662) 456-5279.
Hours: 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mon., Tue., Thu., and Fri., 8 a.m. to noon Wed. and Sat., Closed Sunday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Houston man arrested for fraud. May 21, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago