EDITORIAL: Christmas giving
As most of us ponder what we will get or give for Christmas, we would like to ask our readers to step back and think about those doing without this holiday season.
There are many who have been hit hard by the recent economic downturn. There are always many who have been given a bad lick in life.
Chickasaw County is fortunate to have a number of agencies that reach out to the downtrodden and those who need a little extra boost to catch up. The mark of a truly decent and special community is how they minister to the poor and those going through a tough time.
Many of us have been given the gift of a job, good health, strong family and friends in 2013. We hope you will realize your good fortune and respond by helping others.
In this season of love and light, The Chickasaw Journal wants to ask you to put one more gift under your tree. We want to ask you to consider making a sizable donation to your favorite charity, your church or a family who has fallen on hard times.
As you write out checks and swipe your card to purchase those gifts for family and friends, please remember that this time of year will be bleak and cold for many.
The agencies Chickasaw County has come to rely on to help those in need have also suffered from the Great Recession. Donations are down. There are few jobs in local factories. Budgets of local charities have been cut. Services have been curtailed.
And the needs are larger than ever.
Yes, we urge you to go caroling, drop your change into offering plates and give small gifts to those you know.
We also urge you to remember that nothing solves so many of life’s problems like cold, hard cash.
This is the season to open your wallet Chickasaw County. This is the season to open you heart to help others. This is the season to give someone a truly merry Christmas.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago