Hardwood tourney Saturday
The Thanksgiving holiday is over and, for local basketball teams, it’s time to get back in action.
Okolona High School will host their annual Hardwood Tournament this Saturday featuring four local teams going head-to-head in competition.
The schedule kicks off at 3 p.m. with the Lady Chieftains hosting the Lady Bulldogs of Aberdeen.
The 4A Houston Hilltoppers will face the 3A Aberdeen Bullogs in the second game of the day. The Hilltoppers bring a 1-3 record, having recorded a win over Bruce and losses to South Pontotoc, Pontotoc and Houlka. The Bulldogs are bringing in a record of 2-2, with wins over Biggersville and Shannon and losses to Biggersville and West Point.
The nightcap game will be a fast-paced match with the hosting Chieftains and the Calhoun City Wildcats. The 2-1 Chiefs won over Amory and Nettleton and lost to Ripley while the Wildcats are showing a win over North Pontotoc and losses to Oxford and Coffeeville.
Admission is $5 at the door.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Houston man arrested for fraud. May 21, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago