The United Blood Services bloodmobile will be at Faith Outreach Church in Okolona Dec. 4 from 4:30 to 7 p.m. All blood donations are welcome.
Houston Holiday Bazaar and Fashion Show is set for 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6 at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center on North Jackson Street. The event is open to the public and will feature the latest styles and fashions and all the trendy gifts and items on sale at local business this holiday season. For more information contact Joyce East at 456-2321
North Mississippi Center for Higher Educational Advancement and Regional Global Network will host an health and education forum starting at 10 a.m. Saturday at the RGN office at 485 Parish Street.
The forum will address changes in GED testing, college entry, small business loans and the Affordable Care Act. For more information call Carolyn Rogers at 456-2810.
Holiday shopping bazaar and Toy Drive for the Girl Scouts will be held Dec. 7 from 9 a.m. To 5 p.m. at the Thorn Community Center. Assorted vendors will be on site with items for sale and toys are being collected for the Girl Scouts. New, unwrapped toys and donations are appreciated. For information, call 567-2567.
Saints On A Mission Church of Houston invites everyone to attend their benefit program for sister Angie Clark from Maben on Dec. 7 at 6:30 p.m. The sponsors of the program are the Spring Valley Cemetery Committee of Maben and the Saints On A Mission Church of Houston.
A Holiday Shopping Bazaar in Houston at the Thorn Community Center will be held on Dec. 7. There will be nearly 20 local vendors, opportunity to do pictures with Santa and a Christmas toy drive. The Jr Girl Scout Troop will be helping also to earn community service badges. Everyone in and around the Chickasaw county area is invited to come.
Pastor and Wife’s 20th anniversary will be held at New Zion M.B. Church to recognize the Rev. and Mrs. Odell Bowens. Guest speaker will be the Rev. Sam Crawford of New Hebron M.B. Church in Egypt. Dec. 7 will feature special music at 6 p.m. And pastor recognition will be held Dec. 8 at 2:30 p.m. All are invited to attend.
Come join Mathiston United Methodist Church for their Christmas Craft and Bake Sale in the Fellowship Hall of the Mathiston United Methodist Church in Mathiston on Hwy 15. Delicious home baked goodies and beautiful Christmas crafts such as creative inexpensive items for teacher gifts will be available. The sale is set for Dec.7 from 8a.m.-12p.m. This event is sponsored by the United Methodist Women. For more info, please contact Jimmie Whitt at 662-263-4987.
Gospel Hurricane Christmas celebration will be held Dec. 8 at 5 p.m. At Alpha and Omega Transformational Ministries in Houston featuring the Mighty Gospel Warriors, Spiritual Harmoneers, Holy Aires and many more. For information and ticket prices, contact Joann Reel at 542-6956.
The Adult Choir of Houston First Baptist Church will present “Fear Not, the Savior Has Come,” Dec. 8 at 6:30 p.m. Featuring special guests, Bruce and Lisa Wethey of Nashville Bruce is a Grammy-nominated violinist and composer and Lisa is a concert floutist. All are invited to attend the service and musical presentation.
Children’s Choir at Parkway Baptist Church in Houston will perform, “Christmas in Black and White,” Dec. 8 at 6 p.m. All are invited to attend.
The Parkway Baptist Sanctuary Choir will perform the Christmas musical/drama, “The Christmas Offering,” Dec. 18 at 10:15 a.m. All are invited to attend.
Darden Chapel Missionary Baptist Church on Chapel Grove Road will host its annual Christmas program at 11 a.m. Dec. 22 Everyone is invited to attend and help celebrate the birth of Jesus our Savior. Rev. Anthony O. Simmons is pastor.
Chickasaw County Relay for Life meets the first Thursday of each month in the Houston First United Methodist Church Family Life Center. All interested persons are invited to attend.
Calhoun County Antique Tractor Club meets the second Monday of each month and is always looking for new members. The club meets at 7 p.m. at the Sweet Potato Festival Building in downtown Vardaman. For more information contact Danny or Mary Tutor at 662-682-7594.
Celebrate Recovery meets every Tuesday a 6:30 p.m. for fellowship and 7 p.m. for meeting at Pearson Chapel Church of the Nazarene. CR addresses “hurts, habits and hang-ups.” All are invited to attend. For information, call 456-6442 or 568-2427.
Alcoholics Anonymous meets each Thursday at 8 p.m. at Houlka United Methodist Church. For information, call 631-9535.
The Okolona Community Civitan Club meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m.
The Houston PLUS Civitan Club gladly checks on the elderly as a public service to the community. The Houston PLUS Civitan Club can be reached by calling Scott Murphree at 456-6859, Shenia Jones at 542-8646 or Michelle Moss at 542-1161.
Free alcohol and drug rehabilitation assistance is offered at Faith Outreach Church, 272 McDonald Street in Okolona, with meetings held at 7 p.m. each Monday and Thursday. For more details contact counselor Danny Owen at 610-5578.
Friends of the Houston Carnegie Library meets the first Tuesday of each month at 5 p.m. in the meeting room at the library. All are invited to attend. For information, contact Elizabeth Rish at email@example.com.
The Carnegie Café book club meets the first Wednesday of each month at noon at the Houston Carnegie Library. Bring a sack lunch and join in the discussion. For information, contact Cara Chisolm at 456-3881.
Sanctuary Lodge #143 of Houlka meets on the second Saturday of the month at 7 p.m. at Thompson Chapel Church. For more information, call 662-542-1435.
York Rite Body P.H.A. meets the third Sunday of each month at 5 p.m. at McIntosh Lodge #81 in Houston. For more information, call 662-231-0277.
Adult Game Night at First United Methodist Family Life Center is the fourth Monday of each month at 5:30 pm. Bring a snack and friends and join in playing cards, dominoes and board games. For information, call Betty Brown at 567-2669.
Breast cancer support group meets at Excel in Okolona, 280 Main Street, the second Saturday or each month from 11 a.m. until noon.
American Legion meets the first Thursday of every month at the National Guard Armory in Houston.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago