HOULKA –Onita S. Hancock, 84, died Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013, at her home in Houlka.
She was born March 15, 1929, to Edward Smith and Bertha Pettit Smith. She was a retired seamstress for the Indianapolis Glove Factory and for Meadow Sports Wear. She was a member of Houston Church of God.
Services are Tuesday, Dec. 3, at 10 a.m. at Houlka First Baptist Church in Houlka. Burial will follow at Rose Hill Cemetery in Houlka. Houston Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her daughters, Barbara King of Houlka, Algia Smith of Pontotoc; her son, Tommy Hancock and fiancée, Jennifer Self of Belden; her sisters, Marie and Raymond Pettit of Houlka, Janie and Billy Harrison of Canton, GA, Bonnie Hogue of Houlka, Ann Criddle of Canton, GA; her brothers, William and Ann Smith of Houston, James and Patsy Smith of Big Creek; her granddaughter, Michelle and Scott Lilly of Pontotoc; her great grandchildren, Brook and Richie Lilly of Pontotoc.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Albert Hancock, her brother, Charles Smith and her parents.
Pallbearers are Al Chrestman, Richard Williams, Richard Chrestman, Roger Pettit, Brad Chrestman, Michael Johnson, and Shenan Staser.
Visitation is Monday, Dec. 2, from 5 until 8 p.m. at Houlka First Baptist Church in Houlka.
Friends and family may sign and leave a message at the online register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com .
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago