CALHOUN CITY – Tom Walter Doolittle, 88, died Thursday, Nov. 28, 2013, at the State Veterans Home in Oxford. He was born June 23, 1925, in Slate Springs to Samuel Boyd and Maude Moreland Doolittle. He was a co-owner of Cliff Colbert Chevrolet-Olds and a member of Calhoun City First Baptist Church. He was a Navy veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife, Waldine Doss Putman Doolittle of Calhoun City; one daughter, Susie Wood of Grenada; one son, Barry (Jayne) Doolittle of Grenada; two stepdaughters, Shelia (Frank) Hilleke of Snellville, Ga., and Candace (Kenny) Thomas of McCalle, Ala.; three grandchildren; eight stepgrandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren and stepgreat-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his first wife, Lorraine Hardin Doolittle; his parents, Boyd and Maude Doolittle; brother, Donald Doolittle; and stepson, Lonnie Putman.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 30, at Calhoun City First Baptist Church with the Rev. Jimmy Vance and the Rev. Mike Smith officiating. Burial will be in Bethany Cemetery at Slate Springs. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of arrangements.
Pallbearers will be his grandsons, James Wood, Kyle Doolittle, Nicholas Thomas and Kurt Richards, and sons-in-law, Frank Hilleke and Kenny Thomas.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Calhoun City First Baptist Church.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Baptist Children’s Village in Jackson.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com. – See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/djournal/obituary.aspx?n=tom-walter-doolittle&pid=168234875&fhid=21401#sthash.9ywVM46u.dpuf
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago