OAK HILL – William Christopher “”Chris”” Cantrell, 64, died Thursday, Nov. 28, 2013, at his residence in the Oak Hill community after a lengthy illness. A Tupelo native, he was born Sept. 1, 1949, to William Preston and Clara Nell Bishop Cantrell. Having a tremendous love for music, he owned Hi Ridge Recording Studio. A guitarist and song writer, his life practically revolved around music and his family. He was a member of Oak Hill United Methodist Church.
Services will be at 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 30, at The Jefferson Street Chapel of W.E. Pegues with Elder Marshall Boyd officiating. Burial will be in Oak Hill Cemetery.
Survivors include his wife of 14 years, Patricia Cantrell of the Oak Hill community; two sons, Brent and Jody Cantrell, both of Saltillo; two stepsons, Paul Shamburger of El Paso, Texas, and Mark Shamburger of Hattiesburg; his mother, Clara Cantrell of the Oak Hill community; three grandchildren, Samantha Cantrell of Oxford, and Rebecca and Nick Cantrell of Saltillo; two sisters-in-law, Ruby Willis of Mantachie and Judy Owens of Danville, Ill.; two aunts, Diane Crafton (Bud) of Saltillo and Peggy Walden (John) of Houston; and one uncle, Gerald Bishop (Faye) of Saltillo.
He was preceded in death by his father, Preston Cantrell, in 2000; and one stepson, Michael Shamburger, on Nov. 4, 2013.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago