She was a resident at Tallahatchie General Care Facility. She was a devoted Christian, mother and grandmother. She retired from Cedars Health Center in Tupelo. She loved children and animals.
She was survived by her daughters, Chastity Glick (Mark) of Oklahoma and Billie Davis of Shannon; her sons, Danny Hughes (Karon) of Alabama, Rex Hughes (Lynne) of Olive Branch, Ronnie Rodgers (Bethaney) of Georgia, Donnie Rodgers (Mollie) of Texas, Jerry Rodgers (Robin) of Tupelo and Phillip Rodgers of Tupelo; 17 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Carrol Hugh Rodgers; parents, Hillman “”Bud”” Abbott and Estelle Jennings; sons, Howard Shane Hughes and James “”Tim”” Rodgers; and granddaughters, Taylor Love Rodgers and Whitney Allison Glick.
Services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 30, at The Jefferson Street Chapel of W.E. Pegues with the Rev. Kevin Black officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Chickasaw County.
Pallbearers will be Robert Abbott, Eddie Abbott, Michael Ehly, Cody Rodgers, Billy Abbott and A.J. Braswell. Honorary pallbearer will be Michael Cook.
Visitation will be 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago