HOLIDAY EVENTS: Choirs, Cantatas, Gospel Groups, Fellowship, Food, Fun
The North Mt. Olivet General Baptist District Association Brotherhood Ministry will sponsor its annual Thanksgiving Day meal on Thanksgiving Day, Nov.28. There is no charge for the meal. Pick-up delivery of the me4al will begin at 11a.m. If you would like a meal delivered to you please contact one of the following persons: Pastor Dedrick Anderson at 662-549-9533, Bro. Willie Judd at662-447-3746, Pastor Danny Gladney at 662-369-8029 or Bro. James Boyd at 662-574-0872. Also, come worship with us at the Pleasant Grove M.B. Church, Egypt Road, Aberdeen, beginning at 10a.m. Thanksgiving Day. The pastor is Rev. Danny Gladney.
Celebration of the New Gospel Travelers 11th anniversary will be held Nov. 30 at the American Legion Building in Calhoun City. Groups, choirs, soloists and drama teams welcome. Free admission and concessions. For information, call 628-6830 or 542-0511.
Choir celebration at New Zion M.B. Church will be held Nov. 30 at 6 p.m. Groups, choirs and soloists invited. The Rev. Odell Bowens invites all to attend.
Unity Temple C.O.G.I.C. Benefit Appreciation program for Elder Willie L. Moore will be held on Dec.1. Guest speaker will be Minister Tony Horton of Trinity Outreach Center #2 in Tupelo. Everyone is invited to attend. For more info, please contact Joyce Hamilton at 456-6144.
Ordination service for incoming Deacon Bro. Ollie Young will be held Dec. 1 at 2:30 p.m. At Second Baptist Church in Houston. Charlie Barnes of Montpelier will be the guest speaker. Pastor Eugene Brandon invites all to attend.
The members of Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce is now taking registration for participation in its Annual Christmas Parade, Which is scheduled for Dec. 2 at 7 p.m. For more info, please contact, Perry Grubbs at 662-447-5913, Debbra Shelton at 662-678-3034 or Tanya Williams at 901-230-0587.
Saints On A Mission Church of Houston invites everyone to attend their benefit program for sister Angie Clark from Maben on Dec.7 at 6:30p.m. The sponsors of the program are the Spring Valley Cemetery Committee of Maben and the Saints On A Mission Church of Houston.
Pastor and Wife’s 20th anniversary will be held at New Zion M.B. Church to recognize the Rev. and Mrs. Odell Bowens. Guest speaker will be the Rev. Sam Crawford of New Hebron M.B. Church in Egypt. Dec. 7 will feature special music at 6 p.m. And pastor recognition will be held Dec. 8 at 2:30 p.m. All are invited to attend.
Gospel Hurricane Christmas celebration will be held Dec. 8 at 5 p.m. At Alpha and Omega Transformational Ministries in Houston featuring the Mighty Gospel Warriors, Spiritual Harmoneers, Holy Aires and many more. For information and ticket prices, contact Joann Reel at 542-6956.
– Chickasaw County Relay for Life meets the first Thursday of each month in the Houston First United Methodist Church Family Life Center. All interested persons are invited to attend.
– Calhoun County Antique Tractor Club meets the second Monday of each month and is always looking for new members. The club meets at 7 p.m. at the Sweet Potato Festival Building in downtown Vardaman. For more information contact Danny or Mary Tutor at 662-682-7594.
– Celebrate Recovery meets every Tuesday a 6:30 p.m. for fellowship and 7 p.m. for meeting at Pearson Chapel Church of the Nazarene. CR addresses “hurts, habits and hang-ups.” All are invited to attend. For information, call 456-6442 or 568-2427.
– Alcoholics Anonymous meets each Thursday at 8 p.m. at Houlka United Methodist Church. For information, call 631-9535.
– The Okolona Community Civitan Club meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m.
– The Houston PLUS Civitan Club gladly checks on the elderly as a public service to the community. The Houston PLUS Civitan Club can be reached by calling Scott Murphree at 456-6859, Shenia Jones at 542-8646 or Michelle Moss at 542-1161.
– Free alcohol and drug rehabilitation assistance is offered at Faith Outreach Church, 272 McDonald Street in Okolona, with meetings held at 7 p.m. each Monday and Thursday. For more details contact counselor Danny Owen at 610-5578.
– Friends of the Houston Carnegie Library meets the first Tuesday of each month at 5 p.m. in the meeting room at the library. All are invited to attend. For information, contact Elizabeth Rish at email@example.com.
– The Carnegie Café book club meets the first Wednesday of each month at noon at the Houston Carnegie Library. Bring a sack lunch and join in the discussion. For information, contact Cara Chisolm at 456-3881.
– Sanctuary Lodge #143 of Houlka meets on the second Saturday of the month at 7 p.m. at Thompson Chapel Church. For more information, call 662-542-1435.
– York Rite Body P.H.A. meets the third Sunday of each month at 5 p.m. at McIntosh Lodge #81 in Houston. For more information, call 662-231-0277.
– Adult Game Night at First United Methodist Family Life Center is the fourth Monday of each month at 5:30 pm. Bring a snack and friends and join in playing cards, dominoes and board games. For information, call Betty Brown at 567-2669.
– Breast cancer support group meets at Excel in Okolona, 280 Main Street, the second Saturday or each month from 11 a.m. until noon.
– American Legion meets the first Thursday of every month at the National Guard Armory in Houston.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Economic Fun April 21, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- ICC Phi Theta Kappa inductees named. April 25, 2016
- Houston makes softball playoffs April 25, 2016
- Three diamond Dawgs on MLB rosters April 25, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago