PRAIRIE – James Earl “”Jimmy”” Raigins, 60, died Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born May 14, 1953, in West Point to James Archie Raigins and Earlene Earnest Raigins.
He was a lifelong resident of Monroe County. He graduated from Aberdeen High School and went on to attend Itawamba Community College and Mississippi State University. He worked as a rural mail carrier for the U.S. Postal Service.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 24, at Tisdale-Lann Memorial Chapel with Rev. Sue McGrew officiating. Burial will be in Oddfellows Rest Cemetery. Tisdale-Lann Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include one brother, Ronald Raigins (Greta); one niece, Jennifer Lee Raigins Franks (Brian); one nephew, John Aubrey Raigins (Margaret); and one great-nephew, Raigin Franks.
He was preceded in death by his parents and brother, Kenneth Bell Raigins.
Pallbearers will be Johnny Morrow, Kenny Morrow, Toby Turner, Mike Mays, Ron Simmons and Al Smith.
Visitation will be from noon until service time Sunday.
An online guest registry and condolences may be accessed at www.tisdalelannmemorial.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago