He was a graduate of Becker Schools. Before his retirement, he worked as a carpenter and painter. Guided by his faith in God, he was a member of First Baptist Church of Plantersville. Known for his smile, he enjoyed spending time with his family, eating out, visiting Ballard Park, fishing and going to Wal-Mart.
A celebration of life service will be 4 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21, at First Baptist Church in Plantersville with Bro. Danny Balint officiating. Burial will be in Petty Cemetery. E.E. Pickle Funeral Home of Amory is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include two daughters, Teresa Knox (Jimmy) of Mooreville and Cindy Kimble (Eugene) of Nettleton; two sons, Don Davis of Smithville and Doyle Davis of Prosper, Texas; two sisters, Syble Thornton of Becker and Bonnie Buchanan of Wren; one brother, J.W. Davis of Amory; five grandchildren, Alisha Goff, Eric Knox, Eli Aronoff, Ethan Davis and Emily Kimble; and one great-grandchild, Ann Hayden Goff.
He was preceded in death by his parents; one brother, Herschel Davis; and two sisters, Frances Hall and Betty Langford.
Pallbearers will be Eric Knox, Eli Aronoff, Dale Langford, Robert Buchanan, John Adam Goff and Ethan Davis.
Visitation will be 5 until 8 p.m. Wednesday at the church.
Condolences may be expressed at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago