WOODLAND — Earnest Ray Ward, 77, died Thursday, Nov. 14, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. He was born May 3, 1936, to Robert William Ward and Dora Dean Gaskin Ward.
He was a retired foreman for Gulf States Ceramic Tile and a member of Parkway Baptist Church. He loved to hunt, fish and was an avid Ole Miss fan.
Services are Saturday, Nov. 16, at 2 p.m, at Parkway Baptist Church in Houston, with Dr. Randy Rinehart officiating. Burial will follow at Pleasant Ridge Cemetery in Woodland. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Faye Vance Ward of Woodland; his daughter, Tammy (Clark) Pennington of Brandon; his son, Terry (Judy) Ward of Woodland; his grandchildren, Lindsay Ward of Oxford, Landon and Chelesa Wilson of Brandon; his sisters, Minnie Chandler of Houston, Opal and Bobby Smith of Monte Vista, Margaret Cockell of Woodland, Stella and John Hollis of Columbus, Bobbie and Tommy Harris of Tupelo, Ruth and Jim Hugh Lancaster of Southaven; his brother, Gene (Betty) Ward of Hohenlinden.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his sisters, Louise Cohea and Ruby Easley; and his brother, James Ward.
Pallbearers are Jamie Ward, Jerry Chandler, James Howard Easley, Jimmy Smith, Wayne Cohea, Melvin Ward and John Paul Cockell.
Visitation is Friday, Nov. 15, from 5 to 7 p.m. at Parkway Baptist Church.
Memorials may be made to Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi
An Honorarium and Memorial Gifts Fund has been set up at 800 Avery Boulevard, Suite 100, Ridgeland, MS 39157-5225 or American Heart Association, P.O. Box 16808, Jackson, MS 39236.
Friends and family may sign and leave a message on our register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago