Penny K. Hughes
OKOLONA – Penny Kimbrough Hughes, 46, died Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Born Sept. 19, 1967, in Amory, she was a daughter of W.D. Kimbrough and Shirley Eastman Davis.
Growing up in Amory, she graduated from Hatley High School, was employed in the area garment plants and was of the Baptist faith. Having a kind heart, she was fun loving and outgoing. A people person, she was a loyal friend to many, enjoyed spending time with her family, especially her nieces and nephews, and doing needlework
She is survived by her mother and stepfather, Shirley and Murley Camp of Hatley; sister, Cindy Bray Irvin (Johney) of Hatley; brother, Keith Carnathan of Corinth; nieces and nephews, Jeremy Bray, Olivia Carnathan and Bentley Edwin Carnathan; a great niece and nephew; and a host of friends.
In addition to her father, she is preceded in death by an infant child, Randy Leo Kimbrough; stepmother, Dorcas Kimbrough; and grandparents, Floyd and Nesbit Kimbrough, and Albert and Abbie Eastman.
A celebration of life service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 15, at E.E. Pickle Funeral Home in Amory with Bro. Tommy Whaley and Bro. Kevin Crook officiating. Burial will follow in Haughton Memorial Park.
Pallbearers will be Don Moore, Jonathan Hacker, Anthony Johnson, Jeremy Bray, Joe Frankie, Dale Esteb, Don Box and Neal Camp. Honorary pallbearers will be Karen Kincaid, Kathy Hacker and Pam Thompson.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago