Chiefs end season in Rosedale
The Chieftains fell to West Bolivar, 6-13, Friday in the first round of playoffs, ending a season that some didn’t expect to happen.
“We started behind schedule,” said first-year Chieftain coach Jack Clark. “And with a new coach.”
The players didn’t seem to know they were behind as they put up a 3-2 record before entering division play and knocked off East Webster and Bruce to secure a playoff berth. Clark said their success this year makes him feel even more positive about next season.
“With another year in, we won’t have to spend so much time on terminology and learning to understand each other,” Clark said.
In the Chieftains five total losses on the season, they gave up 49 points, including a one-point division loss to Calhoun City.
“We did pretty well and we had a really tough schedule,” Clark said. “It was one point here and one touchdown there.”
The Chiefs faced a West Bolivar team that had only given up an average of eight points a game.
“They’re very good on defense,” Clark said. “As good a team as anybody in our division. The kids are disappointed but we just get back to work. We’ve got another dog fight on our schedule for 2014.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago