Chiefs end season in Rosedale
The Chieftains fell to West Bolivar, 6-13, Friday in the first round of playoffs, ending a season that some didn’t expect to happen.
“We started behind schedule,” said first-year Chieftain coach Jack Clark. “And with a new coach.”
The players didn’t seem to know they were behind as they put up a 3-2 record before entering division play and knocked off East Webster and Bruce to secure a playoff berth. Clark said their success this year makes him feel even more positive about next season.
“With another year in, we won’t have to spend so much time on terminology and learning to understand each other,” Clark said.
In the Chieftains five total losses on the season, they gave up 49 points, including a one-point division loss to Calhoun City.
“We did pretty well and we had a really tough schedule,” Clark said. “It was one point here and one touchdown there.”
The Chiefs faced a West Bolivar team that had only given up an average of eight points a game.
“They’re very good on defense,” Clark said. “As good a team as anybody in our division. The kids are disappointed but we just get back to work. We’ve got another dog fight on our schedule for 2014.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago