The GFWC-MFWC Lanier Club of Okolona will once again sponsor “Wreaths Across America” for the Odd Fellows Cemetery.
The club will sell wreaths for $15 each through Nov. 20 in honor or in memory of military veterans and active service personnel. The wreaths will then be placed on veteran’s graves in the Odd Fellows Cemetery to recognize their service to country.
Club members note an exceptional number of veterans buried in both the North and South sections of the cemetery representing the Civil War, Spanish-American War, World War I, World War II, Korean War and Vietnam War and would like to recognize every grave with a wreath.
A ceremony will be held to commemorate the laying of the wreaths Dec. 14 at 11 a.m. at the Rockwell City Auditorium and will coincide with a national remembrance.
To participate, contact any member of the Lanier Club, Okolona City Hall, Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce or the Cemetery Committee.
Wreaths Across America campaign underway
About Floyd Ingram
- CRIME ROUNDUP: Houston resident arrested for sexual assault May 16, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- HELP WANTED: Mentors, volunteers sought for COPES May 20, 2015
- Big fish, big smile May 20, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist Baseball basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime education Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin houlka Houston ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona police Pontotoc Prairie school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 2 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 2 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 2 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 2 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 2 years ago