The GFWC-MFWC Lanier Club of Okolona will once again sponsor “Wreaths Across America” for the Odd Fellows Cemetery.
The club will sell wreaths for $15 each through Nov. 20 in honor or in memory of military veterans and active service personnel. The wreaths will then be placed on veteran’s graves in the Odd Fellows Cemetery to recognize their service to country.
Club members note an exceptional number of veterans buried in both the North and South sections of the cemetery representing the Civil War, Spanish-American War, World War I, World War II, Korean War and Vietnam War and would like to recognize every grave with a wreath.
A ceremony will be held to commemorate the laying of the wreaths Dec. 14 at 11 a.m. at the Rockwell City Auditorium and will coincide with a national remembrance.
To participate, contact any member of the Lanier Club, Okolona City Hall, Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce or the Cemetery Committee.
Wreaths Across America campaign underway
About Floyd Ingram
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory for children January 20, 2015
- Howell, Carter ink with NE January 23, 2015
- United Furniture gears up for February opening in Verona January 23, 2015
- BIRTH: Sawyer Blayre Yeatman January 24, 2015
- Alford earns ICC scholarship January 24, 2015
- Comer is chairman of ICC Trustees January 26, 2015
- Houston ponders tourism tax January 26, 2015
- ICC names fall graduates January 25, 2015
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- Deputies raid underage party in Mooreville, adult charged January 24, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime education Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin houlka Houston ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona Parker police Pontotoc Prairie school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 2 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 2 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 2 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 2 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 2 years ago