The GFWC-MFWC Lanier Club of Okolona will once again sponsor “Wreaths Across America” for the Odd Fellows Cemetery.
The club will sell wreaths for $15 each through Nov. 20 in honor or in memory of military veterans and active service personnel. The wreaths will then be placed on veteran’s graves in the Odd Fellows Cemetery to recognize their service to country.
Club members note an exceptional number of veterans buried in both the North and South sections of the cemetery representing the Civil War, Spanish-American War, World War I, World War II, Korean War and Vietnam War and would like to recognize every grave with a wreath.
A ceremony will be held to commemorate the laying of the wreaths Dec. 14 at 11 a.m. at the Rockwell City Auditorium and will coincide with a national remembrance.
To participate, contact any member of the Lanier Club, Okolona City Hall, Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce or the Cemetery Committee.
Wreaths Across America campaign underway
About Floyd Ingram
- Aldermen mull vendor permits July 22, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- United Way holds Back to School resource fairs July 25, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- Required Vaccinations July 29, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- BRIAN LENTZ: MACJC format changes in 2015 July 28, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime Drugs education Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin houlka Houston ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore Okolona Parker police Pontotoc Prairie school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 1 year ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 1 year ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 1 year ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 1 year ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 1 year ago