The GFWC-MFWC Lanier Club of Okolona will once again sponsor “Wreaths Across America” for the Odd Fellows Cemetery.
The club will sell wreaths for $15 each through Nov. 20 in honor or in memory of military veterans and active service personnel. The wreaths will then be placed on veteran’s graves in the Odd Fellows Cemetery to recognize their service to country.
Club members note an exceptional number of veterans buried in both the North and South sections of the cemetery representing the Civil War, Spanish-American War, World War I, World War II, Korean War and Vietnam War and would like to recognize every grave with a wreath.
A ceremony will be held to commemorate the laying of the wreaths Dec. 14 at 11 a.m. at the Rockwell City Auditorium and will coincide with a national remembrance.
To participate, contact any member of the Lanier Club, Okolona City Hall, Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce or the Cemetery Committee.
Wreaths Across America campaign underway
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- Parents urged to immunize September 9, 2014
- Rewarding excellence in education September 12, 2014
- Topper Zone grand opening September 13, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: Prepared for education anywhere September 13, 2014
- ICC Adult Learner scholars September 16, 2014
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist Baseball basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime education Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin houlka Houston ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore Okolona Parker police Pontotoc Prairie school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 1 year ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 1 year ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 1 year ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 1 year ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 1 year ago