Sgt. Philip Shook
MAYSVILLE, N.C. – Sgt. Philip Stephen Shook, 29, passed away on Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013, at New Hanover Medical Center after injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. He was a dedicated and decorated Marine who served two tours in Iraq and one in Japan with 10 years of service. His last unit assignment was with the Wounded Warrior Battalion-East, Wounded Warrior Regiment. During his time in service he earned service medals that include, Iraqi Campaign Service Medal, Sea Service Deployment Medal, Good Conduct Medal, Global War on Terrorism Medal, Navy Unit Commendation, Combat Action Ribbon, Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal and the National Defense Medal. He loved riding motorcycles and was a member of Southern Mayhem MC.
Services with full military honors will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, at Jones Funeral Home Chapel in Swansboro, N.C. A memorial service will be held at a later date in Tupelo.
Visitation will be from 12:30 p.m. to service time Wednesday at the funeral home.
He is survived by a son, Kouper Degan Shook of Cumberland; his father, Perry A. Shook Jr. of Fairhope, Ala.; his mother, Joyce Moore (Garry) of Houston; a sister, Talitha Sims of Tupelo and a brother, Jonathan Shook (Erin) of Hernando; a nephew and two nieces; and his fiancée, Tiffany Bosley.
The family is requesting that in lieu of flowers donations be made to the Wounded Warrior Project.
Condolences may be made to www.jonesfh.org.
About Floyd Ingram
- Nineteen arrested as part of Itawamba County drug roundup July 15, 2014
- Two die in fire north of West Point July 18, 2014
- McDaniel supporters comb ballot boxes July 19, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it July 19, 2014
- VanCleave celebrates 105th birthday July 19, 2014
- Taking their game on the road July 22, 2014
- Aldermen mull vendor permits July 22, 2014
- Young farmers’ plight: State regulations hinder sustainable chicken farm’s sales July 21, 2014
- Football meetings July 21, 2014
- Staten meets with city, county July 21, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime Drugs Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin help houlka Houston ingram James Jones Mantee Mississippi Moore Okolona Parker police Pontotoc Prairie school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 1 year ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 1 year ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 1 year ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 1 year ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 1 year ago