Sgt. Philip Shook
MAYSVILLE, N.C. – Sgt. Philip Stephen Shook, 29, passed away on Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013, at New Hanover Medical Center after injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. He was a dedicated and decorated Marine who served two tours in Iraq and one in Japan with 10 years of service. His last unit assignment was with the Wounded Warrior Battalion-East, Wounded Warrior Regiment. During his time in service he earned service medals that include, Iraqi Campaign Service Medal, Sea Service Deployment Medal, Good Conduct Medal, Global War on Terrorism Medal, Navy Unit Commendation, Combat Action Ribbon, Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal and the National Defense Medal. He loved riding motorcycles and was a member of Southern Mayhem MC.
Services with full military honors will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, at Jones Funeral Home Chapel in Swansboro, N.C. A memorial service will be held at a later date in Tupelo.
Visitation will be from 12:30 p.m. to service time Wednesday at the funeral home.
He is survived by a son, Kouper Degan Shook of Cumberland; his father, Perry A. Shook Jr. of Fairhope, Ala.; his mother, Joyce Moore (Garry) of Houston; a sister, Talitha Sims of Tupelo and a brother, Jonathan Shook (Erin) of Hernando; a nephew and two nieces; and his fiancée, Tiffany Bosley.
The family is requesting that in lieu of flowers donations be made to the Wounded Warrior Project.
Condolences may be made to www.jonesfh.org.
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Runoff races for Sheriff, Chancery and two Supervisors August 4, 2015
- Bowens, Gladney lift in Las Vegas August 4, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist Baseball basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime education Eupora featured fire floyd football houlka Houston ICC ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona police Pontotoc Prairie school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 2 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 2 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 2 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 2 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 2 years ago