Renovations for Lake Monroe
Lake Monroe, located north of Aberdeen, will be getting a facelift.
Beginning in November, the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) will begin the process of draining the lake in preparation for planned renovations.
Lake Monroe was built in 1954, making it one of the oldest State Lakes managed by MDWFP.
“Draining Lake Monroe will allow us to make needed repairs to the water level control structure, fishing piers, and the boat ramp,” said Larry Pugh, Fisheries Bureau Director. “After repairs are completed, we will restock the lake with bass, bream, crappie, and catfish.”
Fishing will be allowed while the lake is draining and all creel and length limits will be removed. Fishing licenses and lake permits will be required, but anglers may only fish with one rod and reel or pole. No other fishing gear is allowed. After Lake Monroe is drained, the facility will be closed to public use during the renovation and repair period.
For more information fishing in Mississippi, visit our website at www.mdwfp.com/fishing-boating or call 601-432-2212.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago