CEDAR BLUFF – Emmie Myers Malone, 94, passed away on Friday, Nov. 8, 2013, at Briar Hill Rest Home in Florence. She was born May 9, 1919, in Mantee in Webster County to Rosie Grissom Myers and Joseph Myers. She was a member of Cedar Bluff Baptist Church. She was a seamstress for Knickerbocker, MFG for 31 years, and she was also a caregiver. She married William Lawrence Malone on Dec. 4, 1943, in West Point, and he preceded her in death on Sept. 11, 1997.
Services will be 11 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11, at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Todd Chesser officiating. Burial will follow in Cedar Bluff Cumberland Presbyterian Cemetery. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her two daughters, Peggy Moorhead (Donald) of Florence and Linda White (Roby) of Cedar Bluff; daughter-in-law, June Simmons of West Point; seven grandchildren, Allen Simmons (Charlene), Sandra Bomar (Tim), Wanda Armstrong (Richard), Keith Moorhead (Shanna), Robbie Lauderdale (Adam), Emily Thompson (Tim) and Kristy Martin (Bert); 23 great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; and three sisters, Louise Scott of Huntsville, Ala., Minrose Matthews (Dale) and Norma Clardy, both of West Point.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; and her son, C.A. Simmons on Dec. 27, 2008.
Pallbearers will be Keith Moorhead, Allen Simmons, Tim Bomar, Tim Thompson, Adam Lauderdale, Ryan Bomar, Bert Martin, John Clardy, Ken Matthews and Eddie Clardy.
Honorary pallbearers will be all her family and friends and the staff of Briar Hill Rest Home.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Cedar Bluff Cumberland Presbyterian Cemetery, c/o Mrs. Anna Sims, 911 Henryville Road, Cedar Bluff, MS 39741.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston to craft no-smoking ordinance May 17, 2016
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago