PONTOTOC – W.C. Usher, 72, died Monday, Nov. 4, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. A native of Pontotoc, he was the son of F.C. and Pearlie Mae Hatchett Usher. He was a member of Usher Valley United Methodist Church where he was a member of the male chorus, usher, trustee, steward, president of the United Methodist Men, bus driver, cook, custodian and building fund committee. He was a member of Garfield Masonic Lodge 61 and a 32nd degree Mason of Oxford Consistory 183. He was retired from Illinois Central Railroad after 30 years of service. He loved spending time with his family, gardening, fishing and taking pictures of everyone. He was preceded in death by his parents; one sister, Alice Marie Usher; and one brother, Willie A. Usher.
Celebration of life service will be 1 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8, at Usher Valley United Methodist Church. The Rev. George Pulliam will officiate. Burial will be in Pontotoc City Cemetery. Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his wife of 49 years, Rosie M. Usher of Pontotoc; one daughter, Annette Usher of Ridgeland; two sons, Benjamin (Belinda) Usher of McCondy and Ronald Christopher (Rena) Usher of Pontotoc; two sisters, Ella Mae (Cecil Ray) Givhan of Pontotoc and Jacqueline Lee of Tupelo; one brother, Eldric Usher of Pittsburgh, Pa.; one sister-in-law, Mattie Usher of Bruce; two aunts, Oberia Lipsey and Kateria Farr, both of Pontotoc; and four grandchildren.
Visitation is from 1 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home with family hour from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- HLES names 3rd nine week honor roll April 26, 2016
- Pellet gun prompts Middle School lockdown April 26, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago