Houston police seek suspect in Amory robbery
The car the culprit used to flee the scene was later recovered in Houston.
According to Amory Police Chief Ronnie Bowen, a younger smaller stoutly-built black male who is approximately 5-foot, 6-inches used a box cutter to threaten an employee of Sassy Pups on Front Street in Amory at approximately 10:15 a.m.
The employee was released unharmed.
The subject, with possible dreadlocks, was wearing a gray Ole Miss sweatshirt with red lettering took the employee’s 2002 silver PT Cruiser with tag number MJH-038.
Amory police were notified shortly before 1:30 p.m. the vehicle was later recovered in Houston just off Highway 8 West at Gann Clothing Store.
Houston police initially detained a black male on Church Street as a possible suspect, but he was later released.
Multiple law enforcement agencies have been alerted to help in the search of the subject.
“We are asking people to be on the alert and, as always, please keep their doors locked,” said Chickasaw County Chief Deputy James Myers. “Anyone in Chickasaw County who spots someone matching the description of the suspect is asked to call 911 immediately.”
Anyone with any information about the robbery is asked to call the Amory Police Department at 256-2676 or 911.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago