Houston police seek suspect in Amory robbery
The car the culprit used to flee the scene was later recovered in Houston.
According to Amory Police Chief Ronnie Bowen, a younger smaller stoutly-built black male who is approximately 5-foot, 6-inches used a box cutter to threaten an employee of Sassy Pups on Front Street in Amory at approximately 10:15 a.m.
The employee was released unharmed.
The subject, with possible dreadlocks, was wearing a gray Ole Miss sweatshirt with red lettering took the employee’s 2002 silver PT Cruiser with tag number MJH-038.
Amory police were notified shortly before 1:30 p.m. the vehicle was later recovered in Houston just off Highway 8 West at Gann Clothing Store.
Houston police initially detained a black male on Church Street as a possible suspect, but he was later released.
Multiple law enforcement agencies have been alerted to help in the search of the subject.
“We are asking people to be on the alert and, as always, please keep their doors locked,” said Chickasaw County Chief Deputy James Myers. “Anyone in Chickasaw County who spots someone matching the description of the suspect is asked to call 911 immediately.”
Anyone with any information about the robbery is asked to call the Amory Police Department at 256-2676 or 911.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago