HOULKA – Willie A. “Wood Rat” Pearson, 86, passed away Monday, Oct. 28, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. A native of Chickasaw County, he was the son of Andrew Lee Pearson and Minnie Rose Pearson.
He was a member of Macedonia M.B. Church in Houlka where he was a deacon, Sunday School superintendent and treasurer. He was a World War II Army veteran. He loved to hunt and fish.
A celebration of life service will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at Mays Chapel M.B. Church in Pittsboro. The Rev. Arthur Lee Pearson will officiate. Burial will be in Wesley Chapel Cemetery in Houston. Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home in Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
He leaves four daughters, Mamie Atkinson, Mary Pearson, Flora Pearson and Janice Pearson, all of Houlka; six sons, Willie B. (Evelyn) Pearson of Pontotoc, L.T. Pearson of Indianapolis, Ind., Willie Bob (Reenovera) Pearson, Clinton (Linda) Pearson and Jessie Lee (Romona) Pearson, all of Houlka, and Andrew (Lela) Pearson of Grand Rapids, Mich.; one sister, Lorene Below of Pontotoc; one brother, Joe Lee (Vonda) Pearson Sr. of Little Rock, Ark.; one special great-grandson, Jayden Pearson of Houlka; 21 grandchildren; and 25 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Mamie Lee “Cat” Pearson, and three daughters, Estelle Vance, Minnie Pearson and Willie Rose Berry.
Visitation will be from 1 to 7 p.m. today with family present from 6 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- Moore signs with Miss. Delta CC May 30, 2016
- Houlka presents summer programs May 30, 2016
- CARA CHISOLM: There is a reason for Memorial Day May 29, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago