BRUCE – Apostle Ishmel Campbell, 73, died Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He retired from Weyerhauser as a line supervisor after 25 years.
He began pastoring in 1981 and in 1987 founded Church of God Our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ where he remained pastor until his death. He also was a member of the Dudley and Pearson Hunting Club. His entire life revolved around serving God, his family and his community.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3, at Jackson Chapel M.B. Church in Bruce with the Rev. Darrick Campbell (Butch) officiating. Burial will be at Church of God Our Father Cemetery in Calhoun City. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge.
He is survived by his wife of 52 years, Georgia Campbell; five sons, Ishmel Earl Campbell of Calhoun City, Allen V. Campbell of Water Valley, Darrick Campbell (Butch) of Waldorf, Md., Paul Campbell of Calhoun City and Daniel Campbell of Bruce; five daughters, Angela Mhoon of Calhoun City, Melodia Davis of Ecru, Gloria Holland of Calhoun City, Sahara Campbell of Bruce and Ronise Campbell of Calhoun City; two brothers, Mitchell and O.V. Campbell of Bruce; and two sisters, Rachel Herrod of Water Valley and Ann Robinson of Grenada; 23 grandchildren; and three great grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday at Church of God Our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ in Calhoun City. Visit online at www.bellememorialfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago