Veterans in Chickasaw County will not lack for programs and ceremonies of honor on Nov. 11. Houston, Houlka and Okolona will all hold events to mark the national holiday.
Okolona – Parade line-up is at 8:30 a.m. in front of Okolona Elementary School and the parade begins at 9 a.m. Veterans will be treated to coffee and snacks at the Rockwell Auditorium following the parade.
Houston – Houston High School will host the annual Veteran’s Day program at 9:45 a.m. A reception for local veterans will precede the event in the Commons Area.
Houlka – Students at Houlka Elementary School will host a parade around the school grounds and veterans are invited to lunch at the Historic School.
Veteran’s Day celebrations set for Nov. 11
About Floyd Ingram
- Fewer snowflakes this Christmas November 17, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Helping Hands of Houlka November 21, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County city County Court crime education Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin houlka Houston ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona Parker police Pontotoc Prairie school schools scores Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 1 year ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 1 year ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 1 year ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 1 year ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 1 year ago