Veterans in Chickasaw County will not lack for programs and ceremonies of honor on Nov. 11. Houston, Houlka and Okolona will all hold events to mark the national holiday.
Okolona – Parade line-up is at 8:30 a.m. in front of Okolona Elementary School and the parade begins at 9 a.m. Veterans will be treated to coffee and snacks at the Rockwell Auditorium following the parade.
Houston – Houston High School will host the annual Veteran’s Day program at 9:45 a.m. A reception for local veterans will precede the event in the Commons Area.
Houlka – Students at Houlka Elementary School will host a parade around the school grounds and veterans are invited to lunch at the Historic School.
Veteran’s Day celebrations set for Nov. 11
About Floyd Ingram
- Battle of Egypt marked and remembered March 22, 2015
- Lady Hilltoppers are rolling March 26, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime education Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin houlka Houston ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona Parker police Pontotoc Prairie school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 2 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 2 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 2 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 2 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 2 years ago