Veterans in Chickasaw County will not lack for programs and ceremonies of honor on Nov. 11. Houston, Houlka and Okolona will all hold events to mark the national holiday.
Okolona – Parade line-up is at 8:30 a.m. in front of Okolona Elementary School and the parade begins at 9 a.m. Veterans will be treated to coffee and snacks at the Rockwell Auditorium following the parade.
Houston – Houston High School will host the annual Veteran’s Day program at 9:45 a.m. A reception for local veterans will precede the event in the Commons Area.
Houlka – Students at Houlka Elementary School will host a parade around the school grounds and veterans are invited to lunch at the Historic School.
Veteran’s Day celebrations set for Nov. 11
About Floyd Ingram
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime education Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin houlka Houston ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona Parker police Pontotoc Prairie school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 2 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 2 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 2 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 2 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 2 years ago