Raymond Barksdale III
AMORY – Raymond D. Barksdale III, 55, died Monday, Oct. 28, 2013, in Amory. Born July 21, 1958, in Meridian, he was the son of Raymond and Walterine Beason Barksdale.
He married Sharon McDonald in 1978. Graduating from Caldwell High School in Columbus, he attended Golden Triangle Vo-Tech. He was of the Baptist faith. He later moved to Amory, where he worked in the area furniture plants and had worked the last 18 years at Longhorn Steakhouse in Becker. He was a devoted and compassionate husband, father, grandfather and friend. He enjoyed family cookouts, spending time with his grandchildren, keeping up with friends and family on Facebook and working.
He is survived by his wife, Sharon Barksdale; daughter, Brandi Beckner (Steven) of Amory; sons, Eric Barksdale (Michelle) of Amory and Tyler Barksdale of Okolona; sister, Malinda Bivens (Harry) of Charlotte, N.C.; uncle, Eugene Barksdale (Agnes) of Hattiesburg; and grandchildren, Gracie Riggan, Skylar Barksdale, Nicky Muhlenbruch and Caden Barksdale.
He is preceded in death by his parents.
A celebration of life service will be held at 11 a.m. today, Oct. 31, at E.E. Pickle Funeral with Bro. Shane Crawford officiating. Burial will follow at 3 p.m. at Vandiver Hollow Cemetery in Tuscumbia, Ala.
Pallbearers will be Joey and James McDonald, Dylan Welch, James Tank and Steven Beckner. Honorary pallbearers will be his co-workers at Longhorn Steakhouse.
Visitation will continue Thursday until service time.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago