Raymond Barksdale III
AMORY – Raymond D. Barksdale III, 55, died Monday, Oct. 28, 2013, in Amory. Born July 21, 1958, in Meridian, he was the son of Raymond and Walterine Beason Barksdale.
He married Sharon McDonald in 1978. Graduating from Caldwell High School in Columbus, he attended Golden Triangle Vo-Tech. He was of the Baptist faith. He later moved to Amory, where he worked in the area furniture plants and had worked the last 18 years at Longhorn Steakhouse in Becker. He was a devoted and compassionate husband, father, grandfather and friend. He enjoyed family cookouts, spending time with his grandchildren, keeping up with friends and family on Facebook and working.
He is survived by his wife, Sharon Barksdale; daughter, Brandi Beckner (Steven) of Amory; sons, Eric Barksdale (Michelle) of Amory and Tyler Barksdale of Okolona; sister, Malinda Bivens (Harry) of Charlotte, N.C.; uncle, Eugene Barksdale (Agnes) of Hattiesburg; and grandchildren, Gracie Riggan, Skylar Barksdale, Nicky Muhlenbruch and Caden Barksdale.
He is preceded in death by his parents.
A celebration of life service will be held at 11 a.m. today, Oct. 31, at E.E. Pickle Funeral with Bro. Shane Crawford officiating. Burial will follow at 3 p.m. at Vandiver Hollow Cemetery in Tuscumbia, Ala.
Pallbearers will be Joey and James McDonald, Dylan Welch, James Tank and Steven Beckner. Honorary pallbearers will be his co-workers at Longhorn Steakhouse.
Visitation will continue Thursday until service time.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago