Hebron runs over Friendship
Hebron racked up the stats Friday night as they handed Friendship a 52-6 loss but coach David Foster said the newly formed team played all four quarters.
“They’re really young,” Foster said. “This is their first year, but they played the whole time. They never quit.”
The Eagles scoring spree began in the first with a 36-yard TD run by Justin Gordon and a repeat with a 40-yard TD. Collin Moore had a three-yard TD run and Brandon England snagged a pass from Channing Tapley to go 41-yards for a touchdown.
Friendship got on the board on a recovered fumble for a touchdown.
In the second quarter, Drew Myatt turned an interception into a 59-yard TD run and Taylor Simmons had a 58-yard rushing touchdown. Myatt added a 47-yard TD run in the third quarter to ice the game.
“We played a lot of younger guys, kind of rested some of the older kids,” Foster said.
They won’t rest long as the Eagles will face the Calhoun Academy Cougars Friday in division play.
“It’s a big game,” Foster said. “It’s for the division championship and to decide seeding. Calhoun has a good team and a lot of our kids know their kids so it’s always a good game. They’ll be ready to play and I think ours will be too. We’ll go out there and play the game and see what happens.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago