Big win over Biggersville
A long bus ride to Biggersville paid of handsomely for the Houlka Wildcats who racked up their second division win of the season and improved their record to 3-6 on the season.
“I think this is the best offensive performance we have delivered all season,” said coach Adam Gentry. “I am so proud of these guys and the ‘no quit’ attitude they are taking towards the end of the season.”
Gentry pointed out some highlights of the game including James Buggs and Tyreque Reed breaking the 100-yard mark in rushing and quarterback Wyatt Esterley’s composure under pressure.
“I enjoyed seeing him step up in the pocket and make some big plays with his arm,” Gentry said.
The Wildcats got off to an unstable start but made the necessary corrections.
“Early on we had som trouble covering their big receivers, but we made halftime adjustments and the guys responded in a big way,” Gentry said. “Second half we were able to take out the passing game to give the offense a chance to have some breathing room.”
The adjustments led to Larry Jones getting three picks on defense.
“That kid has taken some tremendous steps forward in becoming a more consistent player for us and has improved drasitcally on defense,” Gentry said.
The Wildcats will be back in action this Thursday as they host Coldwater on the Okolona field with Halloween kickoff at 7 p.m.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago