PONTOTOC – Linda A. Colon Foster, 52, died Monday, Oct. 28, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born March 2, 1961, in Cleveland, Ohio, to Bartlo Garcia Colon and Martha Ann Griffin Colon. She was a member of Black Zion Pentecostal Church. She worked at Franklin Corporation in Houston.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 30, at First Pentecostal Church in Houston with the Rev. Charles Wright, the Rev. Randy Jurdon, the Rev. Greg Daniels and the Rev. Tony Baker officiating. Burial will be at Ellzey Cemetery in Vardaman. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her husband, Billy Foster of Pontotoc; one daughter, Candice Michelle Foster of Pontotoc; two sons, Timothy Foster (Ashley) of Nettleton and Jason Foster of Miami, Fla.; two grandchildren, Madalynn Minica of Nettleton and Rachel Brown of Hamilton; two sisters, Janice Bennett (Matt) of Pontotoc and Lisa Yeatman (Randall) of Woodland; one brother, William Colon of Woodland; and a host of nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her daughter, Rita Foster; and her parents, Bartlo and Martha Colon.
Pallbearers will be Roy Foster Jr., Robbie Foster, Forrest Willis, Jeff Moore, Aundrey Berry, Rodney Clark and Gerald Hamblin. Honorary pallbearers will be all preachers, nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. today at First Pentecostal Church in Houston.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Sanctuary Hospice House, 5159 W. Main St., Tupelo, MS 38801.
For online condolences visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Houston man arrested for fraud. May 21, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago