Authorities ID suspects in Eupora officer’s death
Officer Keith Crenshaw was placing spike strips along U.S. Highway 82 in front of the suspects’ car Wednesday, state officials said.
Mississippi Highway Patrol Sgt. Criss Turnipseed said the driver swerved to avoid the spikes and hit Crenshaw, who was pronounced dead at the scene. Turnipseed said the car then hit a metal utility pole.
One of three men in the car was killed; the two others were injured. Authorities said Frank Maye, 33, of Orlando, Fla., was in intensive care at a Tupelo hospital, while Brandon Johnson, 26, also of Orlando, was released from a hospital following treatment and is being held on armed robbery charges in the Grenada County Jail. Additional charges are pending, according to a statement from the Mississippi Department of Public Safety.
Authorities said the deceased subject has not been positively identified.
Turnipseed said the incident began about 10 a.m. Wednesday when the suspects attempted to rob a Eupora bank. The car was later spotted on Highway 82 and authorities began a pursuit.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago