Fall into the fun
There’s a chill in the air, which I don’t mind at all.
And I’m wearing closed-toe shoes, which I do mind a lot.
But there’s nothing to be done about either one, they both just have to run their course.
It feels like fall is finally on its way and I can hear the distinct sounds of it at my house.
“It’s a little chilly this morning, isn’t it, Mom?”
“Don’t you think we ought to turn the heat on just for a little while?”
No, I don’t.
I’m one of those people who actually enjoys fall and the nip in the air. My son, on the other hand,is one of the those people who has a comfort zone of three degrees. 69-72 degrees and he’s just fine. Vary above or below and he’s either freezing or burning up. I can’t imagine how we ended up living in the same shared space. But we’ll muddle through like we do every year.
Fall also brings a plethora of activities in which to participate.
The Black Eye Pea Festival was last weekend and the Sweet Potato Festival is just around the corner. Several of our local football teams are still on the playoff trail and working hard to secure a spot and basketball season is almost upon us.
Then the holidays will arrive with Thanksgiving observances and open houses for Christmas.
We’ll all be busy, busy, busy but in good ways, so don’t be shy. Get in where you fit in.
Lace up those closed-toe shoes and jump into the fun of fall.
Lisa Voyles is Managing Editor/Sports for the Chickasaw Journal. She can be reached at 456-3771 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago