Fall into the fun
There’s a chill in the air, which I don’t mind at all.
And I’m wearing closed-toe shoes, which I do mind a lot.
But there’s nothing to be done about either one, they both just have to run their course.
It feels like fall is finally on its way and I can hear the distinct sounds of it at my house.
“It’s a little chilly this morning, isn’t it, Mom?”
“Don’t you think we ought to turn the heat on just for a little while?”
No, I don’t.
I’m one of those people who actually enjoys fall and the nip in the air. My son, on the other hand,is one of the those people who has a comfort zone of three degrees. 69-72 degrees and he’s just fine. Vary above or below and he’s either freezing or burning up. I can’t imagine how we ended up living in the same shared space. But we’ll muddle through like we do every year.
Fall also brings a plethora of activities in which to participate.
The Black Eye Pea Festival was last weekend and the Sweet Potato Festival is just around the corner. Several of our local football teams are still on the playoff trail and working hard to secure a spot and basketball season is almost upon us.
Then the holidays will arrive with Thanksgiving observances and open houses for Christmas.
We’ll all be busy, busy, busy but in good ways, so don’t be shy. Get in where you fit in.
Lace up those closed-toe shoes and jump into the fun of fall.
Lisa Voyles is Managing Editor/Sports for the Chickasaw Journal. She can be reached at 456-3771 or via email to email@example.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago