Chiefs drop to Eagles
No one said it was going to be easy, least of all Okolona coach Jack Clark.
Clark started his first year with the Chieftains with his eyes wide open and knew the division was tough.
“Everybody is just so close to equal,” Clark said.
The Chiefs knocked off division foe East Webster and county-line rival Shannon earlier this season, but fell 35-12 to Eupora Friday night.
“We kept up in the ball game well up to the half,” Clark said. “We gave up a big play just before the half and let them score and they scored on the kickoff (to open the second half). It just kind of went down hill from there.”
The loss puts the Chiefs at 1-1 in division with two games left but neither will be a walk in the park.
Okolona will head to Bruce to take on the Trojans Friday.
“They’re like all the rest in our division,” Clark said. “And it’s the television game of the week and their Homecoming and senior night.”
Following their trip to Trojan land, the Chiefs will wrap up the regular season hosting Calhoun City. Clark said his team is basically healthy and they all know what has to be done to secure a playoff berth.
“We’ve got to play better up front and we can’t turn the ball over,” Clark said. “If you make a mistake in the first quarter it can end up costing you a game, because everyone in our division is so tight.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago