CDF to focus on community building
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation voted to change their mission statement and will now focus more on community building, attracting businesses and improving the quality of life for Chickasaw County.
CDF bylaws require the organization to have a mission statement and leaders are charged with following it and using it as a guide in pursuing economic development in the community.
“The old one has been around since 1953 and has served us well,” said John Walden, President of the CDF Board of Directors. “But times have changed and the new mission statement gives a stronger direction to our leaders and this organization.”
“The hiring of Regional Economic Developer Josh West and the formation of the Pontotoc, Union and Chickasaw County Alliance last year has reshuffled some of the duties of Chickasaw Development Foundation. The change in the mission statement will allow the Chickasaw Development Foundation to focus on drawing new businesses to the community, address transportation issues, lobby for community projects and get involved in more quality of life events and issues that before.
“We have sort of separated the industrial development from the community development,” said Walden. “They are linked and there will be some overlap, but this will help us work on community development.”
Walden said landing an industry for the new Chicksaw County industrial mega-site South of Okolona is still key issue with CDF.
CDF also used the Oct. 15 meeting to unveil new committees and its new website.
The four committees are:
• Retail/Small Businesses.
• Community Activity.
While each committee will focus on specific aspects of the community, all are seeking to improve the quality of life of Houston and Chickasaw County.
“These four committees have or will hold seven meetings in September,” said Joyce East, CDF Executive Director. “The goal is for people with a passion for an event or segment of our community to plug in with like-minded people and get to work.”
RETAIL/SMALL BUSINESS – John Walden, Bob Pearson, Rayburn Parks, Gene Childs, Keely Hardin, Amanda Parish, Justin Teasley, Gail Baird and Kirbi Dendy.
RECREATION/TOURISM – Jason Brooks, Talitha Hudson, Judy McQuary, Debbie Peel, Angie Abrams, Kay Davis, Russell Brooks and Jessie Garner.
MARKETING – John Walden, Talitha Hudson, Magaret Futral, Floyd Ingram, Robin Mathis, Shane Presley, Teresa Moore and Donna Griffin.
COMMUNITY ACTIVITY – Jason Brooks, Betty Holder, John Walden, Allison Harrell, Becky Johnson, Angie Abrams, Gail Turner and Kelly McManus.
East said to become a member of CDF or to get involved in CDF projects call 456-2321.
The new CDF website has been several year in the making and it has also been redesigned to reflect the new mission statement and direction of the organization.
The website can be viewed at http://houstonms.org
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago