Lady Wolverines ready for South State
The East Webster Wolverines and Lady Wolverines athletic teams have reputations for success and the ladies are working to add one more notch to the school’s belt in slow-pitch softball.
The Lady Wolverines have racked up four State Championships in fast-pitch in the last seven years and the slow-pitch title is the one that remains elusive.
But they’re working toward it.
“We haven’t ever made it to State in slow,” said Autumn Frost. “We are all so ready for Tuesday.”
The Lady Wolverines entered the South State game Tuesday going against Enterprise with a win putting them at Freedom Ridge Park in Ridgeland Oct. 26.
“It feels so great to be so much closer to our goal as a team,” said Mamie Hollenhead. “We are just going to go out and play like we do any other game. I think I speak for everyone on the team by saying that we want to be back at State more than anything. We want to be the first team to win a slow-pitch State Championship at East Webster and I believe that if we stay mentally tough and focused on what we are capable and who we are playing for, nothing can stop us. Win or lose Tuesday, we will give all of the glory to God.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago