ABERDEEN – William Louis Brand, 76, died Monday, Oct. 21, 2013, at Pioneer Community Hospital in Aberdeen. He was born in Montpelier, April 23, 1937, to parents, William Howard Brand and Lovie Dell Morgan Brand.
After training and certifications, he began a career in the meat cutting industry as a Butcher. The career lasted 32 years at Aberdeen Big Star where he ended as Store Manager.
He married Ruby Sims of Indianola in 1959. They started out for a short time living in West Point, then became lifelong residents of Aberdeen. They had been together 54 years. Celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary back in May of 2009.
The lifetime dream and goal of the two spent their retirement years purchasing a farm, building a home and raising cattle. Even after his stroke he managed to find a way to operate his tractor and bush hog.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24, 2013, in the Tisdale-Lann Memorial Chapel in Aberdeen with Bro. John Allen Parker officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Gardens in West Point.
Survivors include his wife, Ruby Sims Brand of Aberdeen; four sons, Bill Brand and wife, Sandra, of Wren, Allen Brand and wife, Joyce, of Aberdeen, Kevin Brand and wife, Lillie, of Aberdeen, and Roger Brand and wife, Dianna, of New Bern, N.C.; seven grandchildren, two great-grandchildren; two brothers, five sisters.
Preceded in death by his parents, one sister, one grandchild and one great-grandchild.
Pallbearers will be Robert Gilreath, Randy Mills, Robert Merritt, Archie Baker, Wayne Sconyers and Bobby Gunter.
Visitation will be from 4 until 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at Tisdale-Lann Memorial Funeral Home in Aberdeen.
You can sign the register and send condolences online at www.tisdalelannmemorial.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago