CALHOUN CITY – Johnnie Bervis Sutton Patterson, 87, died Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 13, 1926, in Webster County to Willie Ray Sutton and Winnie Ann Hardin Sutton.
She was a homemaker and a member of Calhoun City First Baptist Church, Gideons International Auxiliary Ladies Club and the WMU of Bethany Baptist Church and Calhoun City First Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband of 68 years, Winford Patterson of Calhoun City; two daughters, Linda Kay Johnson of Counce, Tenn., and Teresa Lynn (Charles) Johnson of West Point; two sons, James Irby (Catherine) Patterson of Calhoun City and Boyd Wayne Patterson of Counce, Tenn.; one sister, Connie Sutton Vaughn of Starkville; eight grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Willie Ray Sutton and Winnie Ann Hardin Sutton; great-granddaughter, Hope Dowdle; son-in-law, Paul Johnson; and sister, Clara Bell Roy.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19, at Bethany Baptist Church in Slate Springs. The Rev. Jimmy Vance will officiate. Burial was in Bethany Cemetery in Slate Springs. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of arrangements.
Pallbearers are Sidney Langston, Willie Joe West, Kevin Johnson, Jonathan Johnson, Chris Patterson, Ben Patterson and Stanley Criss.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Gideons.
Visitation will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at Bethany Baptist Church in Slate Springs.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- HLES names 3rd nine week honor roll April 26, 2016
- Pellet gun prompts Middle School lockdown April 26, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago