Cystic fibrosis fundraiser is Saturday
TUPELO – Great strides have been made in trying to find a cure for cystic fibrosis, but the there is still no cure for a disease that affects over 30,000 Americans and several families across Northeast Mississippi.
The CF Foundation will host “Great Strides Tupelo: A Walk to Cure Cystic Fibrosis” at 9 a.m. Saturday Oct. 19 at Ballard Park in Tupelo.
Cystic fibrosis causes difficulties primarily in the lungs and digestive systems of its patients and can lead to life-threatening infections and the disability of organs.
Area residents are invited to attend the 5K and are reminded you don’t have to complete the race to show your support to find a cure for cystic fibrosis. There is no minimum contribution, but those raising more than $100 will get a “Great Strides” T-shirt.
Refreshments will be available for all.
There will also be a silent auction.
Great Strides is the national project for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. All funds raised will support research for a cure and foundation accredited care centers.
For more information please call the CF Foundation Mississippi Chapter at 601-981-3100.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago