Cystic fibrosis fundraiser is Saturday
TUPELO – Great strides have been made in trying to find a cure for cystic fibrosis, but the there is still no cure for a disease that affects over 30,000 Americans and several families across Northeast Mississippi.
The CF Foundation will host “Great Strides Tupelo: A Walk to Cure Cystic Fibrosis” at 9 a.m. Saturday Oct. 19 at Ballard Park in Tupelo.
Cystic fibrosis causes difficulties primarily in the lungs and digestive systems of its patients and can lead to life-threatening infections and the disability of organs.
Area residents are invited to attend the 5K and are reminded you don’t have to complete the race to show your support to find a cure for cystic fibrosis. There is no minimum contribution, but those raising more than $100 will get a “Great Strides” T-shirt.
Refreshments will be available for all.
There will also be a silent auction.
Great Strides is the national project for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. All funds raised will support research for a cure and foundation accredited care centers.
For more information please call the CF Foundation Mississippi Chapter at 601-981-3100.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago