Walter Morris Allen
HOUSTON – Walter Morris “W. M.” Allen Jr., 87, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at his home in Houston. He was born Sept. 30, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Walter Morris Allen Sr. and Alma Lee Cox Allen. He was a retired farmer, a welder for B&W in West Point, a WWII Army veteran, and a member of Enon Primitive Baptist Church.
Services are 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, at Fellowship Baptist Church with Bro. Bobby Brock officiating. Burial will follow at Enon Cemetery in Houston. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Hortense Nichols Allen of Houston; his daughters, Ester and Colvin Mann of Terry and Judy Harrison of Houston; his sons, Ricky and Carol Allen of Houston and Keith and Rhonda Allen of Pontotoc; his grandchildren, Merritt Mann, Christi and Barry Kelly, Brian and Audrey Harrison, Tiffany Harrison, Cody Allen, Rob and Adria Allen, Christy and Ken Blakeney, Chasity and Jamey Halfacre and Dustin Griggs; his great-grandchildren, Koty Davis, Hannah, Noah, Jacob and Gabriel Mann, Alyssa, Shane and Cade Kelly, Jacob, Joel and Kaiya Harrison, Ethan and Layla Griggs, Hunter and Conner Griggs, Ken and Harley Blakeney, and Madison, Brayden and Tanner Allen; his niece, Patty Bowers; and his special caregivers, Jamisha Walker, Wanda Story and Heidi Cummins.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a son, Walter Nichols Allen; and his grandson, Jack Douglas Mann.
Pallbearers are Brian Harrison, Cody Allen, Rob Allen, Merritt Mann, Barry Kelly, Shane Kelly, Dustin Griggs and Jacob Harrison.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Enon Cemetery Fund, c/o Leon Hollingsworth, 104 N. Huddleston St., Houston, MS 38851.
Friends and family may sign and leave a message on the register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago