Lady Toppers on the playoff road
The Houston Lady Toppers just weren’t ready to quit playing ball yet.
The young team battled through the regular season and clinched their division to extend their lead to playoffs which began Tuesday. Due to press times and game times, updates will be available at www.chickasawjournal.com and in next week’s edition of the paper.
The girls got in one more round of practice last weekend, hosting the North/South shootout and although things didn’t exactly go their way, coach Jeffrey Mann has confidence in their abilities.
The Lady Toppers have a long history of playoffs and placed as slow-pitch division champs in 2004, 2010 and 2012. Mann wants to keep that tradition going.
“The girls represent our school well with their playoff consistency,” Mann said. “I’m really proud of the girls.”
The Lady Toppers started the journey on the playoff road hosting Corinth.
“We have a tough first round, but my girls can play with anybody,” Mann said. “I hope we play well and show what we are capable of.”
The winner of Tuesday’s best-of-three will advance to round two Saturday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago