Judy Ann Lambert
OKOLONA – Judy Ann Lambert, 65, passed away at her home Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013, surrounded by her family and loved ones after a brief illness. She was born March 26, 1948, in Collinwood, Tenn., to Leo and Grace Daniel.
Judy married Charles Lambert, March 5, 1965, and they shared 47 happy years together. She was a hard worker employed for many years in the furniture industry as a seamstress and other operations. She enjoyed yard work and keeping her home spotless, and decorated just like she liked it.
She was a loving, generous, kind, strong, outgoing, wife, mother, grandmother, sister and great-grandmother. She loved spending her time tending to her family, pampering her grandkids, and caring for her dogs, Dixie and Petey, which were like her children. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her and ever had a chance to meet her.
During her sickness she confirmed on several occasions that she was strong in her faith and believed with all her heart that the Lord would take care of her, and He did. He took another great angel to the heavens and we all will see her again without doubt as long as we have the faith she had.
A celebration of life service will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, 2013, at Brenda’s Concert Hall in Okolona with Bro. Joel Brooks, Bro. Wayne Thorn and Bro. Kevin Clayton officiating. Burial will follow in East Chickasaw Gardens. Visitation will be Thursday from 4 to 8 p.m. at Brenda’s Concert Hall, and Friday from 1 p.m. to service time. Holland Funeral Directors is entrusted with arrangements.
Survivors include her husband, Charles Lambert of Okolona; one son, Greg Lambert (Dorinda) of Okolona; two daughters, Sheila Christian (Stephen) of Dorsey and Jennifer Hester (Dusty) of Okolona; one brother, Jimmy Daniel (Kay) of Okolona; three sisters, Carolyn Brooks of Amory, Brenda Marion (Thomas) and Linda Norman (Michael), all of Okolona; five grandchildren, Shelby Hester, Carson Christian, Avery Lambert, Erin Lambert and Heather Cox; one great-grandson, Wesley Cox; and a host of nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents and two children, Charles Lynn Lambert and Melissa Ann Lambert.
Pallbearers will be Lee Marion, C.E. Brooks, Phillip Brooks, Wade Whitlock, Austin Whitlock and Rick Cox. Honorary pallbearers will be Eddie Brooks, Robbie Brooks, Keith Sanderson; grandson, Carson Christian; Linda Ray; and granddaughter, Shelby Hester.
The family would like to send out a special thanks to Geraldine Inmon, Brenda Whitlock and her sisters, Linda and Brenda, for their care and help during her illness.
Condolences may be emailed to email@example.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago